Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lincoln

I love my job, because sometimes you come to work and we're showing a secret screening of "Lincoln" and you get to sit and watch (most of) it.

Without having seen the film in its entirety, I just felt I should pass off these thoughts.

No one makes movies like Spielberg. They really are a league of their own. That being said, I'm not always in the mood for this old hollywood style..."fluff"...for lack of a better word.

But the film is epic. Yet intimate at the same time, a very difficult balance to maintain through a 2.5 hour movie.

Just some basics, this film takes place over 1-2 months during the attempt to pass the amendment to the constitution abolishing slavery.

And yes...Daniel Day-Lewis is awesome.

This film had me pretty hard from the opening scene...it's a beauty, acting, color, sets.

It's Spielberg at his very best...from what I saw at least.

;)

Will report more once I sit and watch it in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment